World

Two journalists killed in Gaza

Israeli air strikes have killed at least 65 people in Gaza over the past 24 hours, including women, children, and two journalists, the Palestinian health authority said.

The military operation, which began last Tuesday, has already claimed the lives of nearly 700 people.

Al Jazeera Mubasher journalist Hossam Shabbat was killed in northern Gaza. Witnesses told the channel that his car was targeted in the eastern Beit Lahiya area.

Earlier in the day, an Israeli airstrike killed Palestine Today correspondent Mohammad Mansour in Khan Yunis, southern Gaza.

Witnesses said Mansour was targeted “in his home with his wife and son” without any prior warning.

The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) had no immediate comment.

At least 208 journalists and media workers have been killed in Israeli attacks since October 2023, according to the Palestinian Journalists Union.