"Azerbaijan can pose a problem not only with X-ray devices but also with a physical presence." political scientist
Radar Armenia's interlocutor is political scientist Saro Saroyan.
- In the message of the Council of Ministers of Artsakh, it is said that to prevent the entry of prohibited items into the area of responsibility of the peacekeeping troops, the Russian peacekeepers considered the possibility of installing an X-ray scanner at the No. 1 base of the Lachin Corridor to inspect incoming vehicles. What risks do you see there?
- First, this is a mechanism in which the Azerbaijani side should not be present, but it will be present through a technical device and can control the exit with purely technical means. But it is riskier that this may have a continuation. In the future, Azerbaijan may not only have the problem of being present with X-ray devices but also of being physically present. And if the Russian side tolerates such a phenomenon tomorrow, the next day, it can easily take the presence of Azerbaijanis.
-Are the provisions of the tripartite statement of November 9, 2020, not violated?
- Yes, this violates the tripartite declaration of November 9, 2020, because it is stated in that document that Azerbaijan should not have a presence. And being present through technical devices is also a form of existence.
- The office of the Council of Artsakh distributed the statement on the installation of X-ray devices. Are the Artsakh authorities not against their building, or do they have no other option?
- This is related to the fact that the military-political leadership of Artsakh operates under the Kremlin. And they behave as they were told and shown, and they cannot take any step beyond that. The problem of ensuring the technical presence in Lachin was only solved with the Russian-Turkish agreement. And I must mention that this agreement was made a long time ago. Now, as another Russian-Turkish creation, it is coming to life, as it has been for the last two years. Such Russian-Turkish agreements were implemented through other details related to other issues and territories.
- In this context, do you consider the meeting of a group of Azerbaijani environmentalists with the peacekeeping troop commander Volkov, as well as the fact that the journalists who came with them to cover the meeting tried to walk past the peacekeepers' checkpoint and go to Khojaly?
- Of course. In general, what is happening in Artsakh cannot occur without the consent of the Russian side. There is a document of November 9, and if something happens outside that document, it cannot happen without the Kremlin's consent.
Hayk MagoyanFollow us on Telegram
Armenia is also represented at the digital conference exhibition "Digital partnership in the new reality"Today, 11:53
First, the joint video-shooting ceremony of the Prime Ministers of EAEU countries took place. They made a short tour of the exhibition booths dedicated to the high-tech sector opened within the framework of the conference. Armenia is also represented at the exhibition with a separate pavilion.
The development of the digital economy has been and remains one of the most important priorities for Armenia, Prime Minister (PHOTOS)Today, 11:15
Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan participated in the plenary session of the digital forum "Digital partnership in the new reality" in Almaty with the heads of governments of the member states of the Eurasian Economic Union, as well as the Prime Minister of Uzbekistan, an observer in the EAEU.
The RA ambassador to the USA met with the congressmenToday, 11:04
On January 31, Ambassador Makunts had a meeting with Congressman Raja Krishnamoorthi (Illinois, Democrat). The ambassador presented to the congressman the security situation around Armenia and the consequences of the blocking of the Lachin Corridor by Azerbaijan.
And do Russian peacekeepers need protection, and in such a way?
Daughters-in-law are ready to sit, and Saghatelyan is prepared to run
There was no federal trial in Armenia. Levon Ter-Petrosyan. On this day in 1994, ARF activity was suspended